Information Hotline:
US Callers: 877-301-2046
Outside the US: 212-660-6373
Legal/Regulatory Notices
Media Inquiries
Please direct all media calls to Tom Becker at 212-573-6100 or send email to [email protected].

Questions & Answers > Policyholders > I am a party to a swap agreement insured by Ambac Assurance and the Ambac swap surety bond policy has been placed in the Segregated Account. How can I explore options to make changes to the situation?

The following questions and answers are provided to the general public for informational purposes only. They are not legal documents and do not bind the Segregated Account of Ambac Assurance Corporation, the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, or the Rehabilitator to any position or interpretation of the rehabilitation court's orders in these proceedings, now or in the future. Interested parties should review the court documents available on this site and consult their own legal counsel with any questions they may have regarding any effect this rehabilitation proceeding may have on their legal rights and obligations.

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

Swap dealers, municipal and other swap counterparties and/or their advisors should contact Ambac Assurance directly at [email protected] to determine what courses of action may be available to them in connection with their swap agreements. When emailing [email protected], please include the words “Swap Policy Question” in the subject line to assist Ambac Assurance in addressing your request. Ambac Assurance’s risk management team has established a streamlined process and will respond to all requests in a timely manner. Potential courses of action may include, but are not limited to, removing Ambac Assurance from the transaction by terminating the Ambac swap surety bond, terminating the swap agreement itself or pursuing other alternatives that may be agreeable to all parties.

Last updated on June 10, 2010 by Ambac Policyholders Administrator